Monday, March 3, 2008

Computer Gaming

I haven't been playing my Wii or my DS much, except to keep up with my animal crossing. But, I just dusted off my Riven game again. Riven is the sequel to Myst, a game I played years and years ago that I really enjoyed. I started Riven for the first time last year, but we had laptop problems and the game got erased, and I never did put it back in... until now.

I spent 6 hours one day just exploring the world of Riven. It really is incredible! I have to have paper and pen with me to note certain specific things either read, or seen in the game, where I can find certain items again if I need to, note different patterns or clues I seem to see where I go... that sort of thing. I LOVE this game! It really makes you think. I'm not very far yet, I still have a lot to figure out, but I'm enjoying this! Exploring all the different islands and how to get from one to the other is fun. The beginning of the game has a rotating scarab room that I found interesting and took a while to figure it out... but once I did there was so much more opened up to me! Oh, I love it!

I am looking forward to seeing what else this game has to offer. I just found a "map" on a small island that shows the islands and you can fill them with "water" using buttons in front of you, then you can view the topography of each island and find the different "domes" located on each island. These correspond to another puzzle in Riven, and each of the domes holds a "book" I believe, at least the ones I've opened up and looked at do. I'm still not sure what to do with the domes once opened, as I haven't gotten that far yet. I have a feeling I have to figure out the aforementioned puzzle. We'll see... once I find time to play again. Hopefully I won't lose my sketched notes before then!

Keep on playin!

No comments: