Monday, June 23, 2008

Mario Kart

On saturday we visited a couple of friends and after a BBQ, we played Mario Kart for the Wii! It was a blast! I'm so tempted to purchase it myself.

My husband tried playing both methods. You can play with the wiimote and nunchuck, or you can disconnect the nunchuck and put the wii remote in the included steering wheel. Our friends had two wheels. The second one costs about $20. I'm not sure if we'd want it right away, or if we'd just wait a bit.

Apparently, you can play with your Mii instead of the Mario characters! There are also a few choices of vehicle to race. I liked the standard kart, but once picked the standard "bike". Very difficult to control in comparison. I went off the edge in those races quite a lot. You can get a nice burst of speed however by 'popping' the front tire.

There were a few tracks included from various older Mario Kart games. Those were fun to play. There were quite the variety of tracks, and the characters to choose from are a variety as well. You can also unlock various other characters. Apparently, if you have Mario Galaxy, it can "send" Rosalina to the races, and you can race her (when she gets 1st she does the Queen wave, standing in her cart... it's quite hilarious).

In all, I really enjoyed the game. I really want to pick it up!

Keep on playin!

No comments: