Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mario and the Gang

Halloween was great this year.  We went to a costume party, which was a lot of fun... and I decided to make my family ... the Toadstool Family.

 Yup... Mario, Princess Toadstool, Toadette, and my son is Toad.  I know, I haven't posted about him on this blog yet.  I have on my main blog... I just haven't done much on this one lately.  Sigh.  Sorry about that.

 I figure Mario is embracing the present... looking at his blackberry text from Toad telling him the princess is in another castle...

And now for two collages of photos from the evening.

I have a few fun pics I will have to post later... you know... Mario shopping and all that... haha.

Funny thing is, our costumes won quite a bit!  At the party my daughter won in the girl's category, my son in the boys, and my husband and I in the couples.  Then, on halloween weekend we went to the mall and I entered the kiddos in the contest there (for 5 and under)... and out of what seemed like 50 kids, we won second prize.  Go figure.  For costumes that took maybe $10 and hours of my time!

I just think the toad and toadette hats are the cutest thing ever.  :)

Hope you all had a safe and fun Halloween.

3 comments:

Andimama said...

Wow you have some talent! This made me smile :)
Ever gone to E3 with the whole gang? We're thinking about doing that this year.

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!! Any tips on making the costumes? I want to make the toadstool and toadette costume for my 3month old boy/girl twins.

Sab said...

To make the toad/toadette costumes is rather simple. Mainly white clothes with a pink dress and red vest (make yourself, generally) for Toadette, and a blue vest for Toad. The head piece is a basic shape, kinda like a pointed U, four of them sewn together except the bottoms. These are gathered and sewn to the bottom of a touque, and stuffed before closing. I like to sew 'embroidery' style, for the red/white dots on the hat. I do this on the seams, and one on the very top. For toadette, I made a pink tube with a larger bulbous end, stuffed it, used elastics to make it have the 'balls' look you see, and glued on white circles in a similar pattern as the top of the hat. Both costumes took me about 10 hours to make, together. :)