Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mario Party

This year I decided to have my birthday early, and had a Mario themed party... it was nothing big (just a couple of couples came over).  We played Mario Kart for the Wii and had a blast...

No party is complete without food.  This was no exception.  And of course, it needed to follow the theme.

Below, 'pipe' pigs in blankets.

And 'star' biscuits.

Yoshi eggs in a carrot and celery nest (made spinach dip for those).

And here's the cake... made it to look like the mushrooms in the game.  It tasted good too!  :)

The whole 'spread'.

 And for fun, I took a pic as Princess Toadstool holding the cake.  No, I didn't dress up for the party... I didn't feel like it that day... but I decided to have a little fun with my costume later (half of the mushroom's head is gone, haha).  And playing with the pic is always fun, too.

Happy 25th anniversary Mario!  You've given us many fun times (and I look forward to many more). 

Bring on the games!

1 comment:

Andi said...

Haha what an awesome birthday party idea. Kudos and happy belated birthday!