Monday, April 18, 2011

Bits of Randomness

A little while back, I completed GBA's Golden Sun game.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and want to get the next one, Lost Age.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get a hold of it.  I bought this one used from a friend, and I don't remember seeing the second installment anywhere.  I suppose I'll have to browse EB Games and things... maybe even garage sales... to see if someone has one somewhere.  The story feels a little... cut off... right now.

About a month ago, I also completed Epic Mickey for the Wii.  Awesome game!  I highly recommend it, especially for those of us who remember watching some of the older Mickey Mouse cartoons (my dad had a bunch of black and white goodies we enjoyed watching).  The game play, while a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, is actually quite good.  I was confused in the beginning of the game and couldn't quite see some of the stuff I was supposed to be doing (probably partially due to screen settings), and so I missed quite a few things I couldn't go back to and redo... so I may end up replaying this game.  One problem, although a small one, was the camera.  It felt a bit... wonky... at times.  It wasn't bad, though, the worst was when fighting large numbers of splatters, but I have quick fingers too, so adjusting the camera while running around and fighting isn't too much of a stretch for me.  Ah... brings me back to the first 3D games I played... N64, perhaps we need to get re-acquainted.  Anyway, this game's a good one, ok... Epic!  I highly recommend it!

Latest game we got was the Super Mario All Stars.  Talk about FUN!  I haven't played these classics in ages (although I do have SM3 on the Wii).  Only thing I don't really care for... the music and graphics changed.  I know this is the same as the one from the SNES... but I never played the SNES, and I miss the music from the old NES versions.  It's not bad, really... the only thing that I find actually annoying is the mini fortress music in the SM3 game.  The others are fine.  But these games are great!  My daughter keeps asking for us to play.  Unfortunately, I haven't had much time lately.  Lots of stuff going on.  So, my husband plays.  I don't think I've ever heard the 'death' sounds and game over music as often as I have in the last few weeks (haha... sorry hun, but you should be able to get past world 1 someday).  My daughter doesn't mind, though.   "Uh oh... Mario fall down..." or "Oh no!  Mario owiee".  Very cute.  Needless to say, it's painful to watch, so I'm usually in the other room doing computer work or cleaning the kitchen or something like that.  Always needs doing anyway.  :)

Oh, and I have to ask... does anybody else have a Nintendo Club account?  I have some coins expiring in June, and I don't know what to get.  It's a toss up between the black note bag (with the Mario star on it) or the other tote bag plus the blooper fan.  Or maybe the Mario fan.  Sigh.  I need to decide soon.  Don't want all those coins to go to waste!  Any suggestions?

Hope you've all been having a great start to your spring!  Happy gaming!

No comments: