Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Finished the Mural!

I finally finished my mural! I took a few pics for you to enjoy. I have full size ones on photobucket as well.

The entire wall... I had to blend two pics to get this on one pic... it's a big wall and a small room.

Here is Zelda. She was the first part I completed on this mural. All her intricate gold work took a lot of time and this photo really doesn't do it justice. I finished her in 2005. She took about 10 days, working every day for 3 hours.


Here is Link. I finished him in 2005 as well. Link only took about a week to do as he doesn't have a lot of intricate work to him. His boots are my fave part!

And lastly, Ganondorf. I waited a good long time to work on him as I started school in September of 05 and graduated in May 07. He was mainly just a shadow, drawn in and somewhat shaded with color to help me decipher where to put things. I worked on him for about 15-20 days at 2 hours a day. That was spread out over a long period of time, especially since after grad lots of other things happened. I'm just so happy to be done. It all looks really good. Oh, and those whitish pieces? They would have to be the most difficult part. I redid the boots twice before figuring out how to do them just so, then the rest was easy. Plus, I was really out of practice, and decided to start up painting him again by going for the hardest portion first. Silly, really, but at least I didn't have to do it later!

I also worked on Navi, but she only took about 1/2 hour tops. Really easy as she's just a blue ball with a bit of shading, wings, and a trail of fairy dust behind her.

So, that's my accomplishment! I'm so thrilled to be done!

No comments: