Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wii Shop Channel

I'm wondering what type of games people love on their Wii Shop Channel. So far I've gotten Ecco the Dolphin, Mario 3, and Paper Mario.

Ecco is an interesting game about... a dolphin. The graphics were stunning in their time, and still gorgeous to watch. I really enjoyed just swimming around with Ecco and practicing Sonar, eating fish, and so on. It's a beautiful game to watch... but extremely difficult to play. There were many times I couldn't get past an area because you get hit so easily (especially the ice areas). It wouldn't look like you were touched at all, but it would barely get to your tail or something and register as a hit. Not fun in that way. Otherwise though, the puzzles, the mazes, it was an interesting game. Not one I will play again all the way through though... more just for fun swimming. :)

Mario 3 is a must buy! An amazing game! We had this one when I was younger, and since you can "save" on the Wii, it's great! You can play for awhile, then go back and play some more. Perhaps I'll get to Bowser this time. I managed once on NES and got to the final castle (I've played through each world too) and said I was going to take a break, and my brother... poor guy... automatically went and pushed in the power button. Oops. We tried taping it in (as it won't turn off till the button comes back out) but it didn't work. He was so upset with himself!

Paper Mario is so fun! I really enjoyed this one. The story was great, it was quite funny, and the bits with Peach where you play as her on her own were sweet and a welcome break from the normal bits with Mario. I really enjoyed this game! I was able to play for hours at a time, and on those days where the weather wasn't great... sigh. I kinda want to start playing again!

Now I have to figure out whatever games I want to get next. I've been looking at the Donkey Kong Country trio, as well as Ecco Tides of Time as that one is supposed to have 3 difficulty settings and be "easier" and less annoying, Kirby for the NES, and then there's Super Mario 2 and A Link to the Past.

Are there any games you are hoping will hit the Wii Shop Channel? I really want to see Mario Paint Composer for the SNES! They could change it to use the wiimote instead of a mouse, and you could download the pics you do to post to your message board and send to friends, and the music you make could be made into mp3's to put on your SD card that you could get into your computer, or post to friends, or something. I would LOVE to see that game up there soon.

Well, that's my blurb on the Wii Shop Channel. Keep Playin!

No comments: